Monday, March 31, 2014

PostPlanner's New 'Super Feature' is 'Guaranteed Facebook Engagement' says @IanCleary


+Christine DeGraff from the +HOA Street Team sat down with +Ian Cleary, founder and CEO of RazorSocial, to interview him the day before his presentation at Social Media Marketing World 2014. RazorSocial.com has been named one of the Top 10 Social Media Blogs by Social Media Examiner in both 2013 and 2014.

Christine:
This is Christine DeGraff at Social Media Marketing World and I am here with Ian Cleary from RazorSocial! How are you today?

Ian:
I'm great Christine thank you very much for having me today.

Christine:
I'm so glad to have you! We were just joking around because we're sitting so close we're getting ready to kiss... and we're hoping that that might make a viral moment... what do you think?

Ian:
I hope so but my wife is here the conference as well so... there might be other moments that are viral as well that might happen you know?

Christine:
I'll be running down the street and she'll be chasing me... that'll be crazy! So cann you tell us what you doing here - and you're speaking tomorrow - 11:45 is that right?

Ian:
Yeah, I'm speaking on social media tools at 11:45 but I come over here really to network and meet interesting people like you - it's brilliant for relationship building - I'm sitting in an office at home in Ireland and you have to meet people - you can do so much on Twitter and Google+ and Facebook and everything but you have to get out and actually people in person.

Christine:
Very very true. Now who have you met here that you hadn't met before that you're really excited about?

Ian:
Well I met +Porter Gale actually which I'm fascinated by the networking and she's got a brilliant networking book so I had a good chat with her this morning. A lot of the people I met was catching up with people I've met previously and was strengthening the relationship. And through the relationships things are really starting to happen as well for us.

Christine:
Awesome. Now with RazorSocial can you tell us a little bit about that and now what you're doing with that?

Ian: 
Sure - it's a marketing technology blog focused on the social media tools side of things - so my background is technology and social media. So I really try to look at the technology side that will help businesses. They have to have a strategy in place first, as you know Christine, but you need the tools that will help and that's what we focus on.

Christine:
Now are there any tools - new tools - that you can highly recommend that have just come out that can really help people? What are your top favorite?

Ian:
Well if you're talking about - I'm looking forward to +Circloscope (http://www.circloscope.com) - I heard that's going to be very interesting one coming out I'm so looking forward to that... And on Google Plus I really do like +Steady Demand. Steady Demand is a really good analytics tool.

(Editor's Note: Use code #CQApproved for a 20% discount at http://steadydemand.com/tool/.)

Ian:
Now if you want to talk about any other tools, one tool I am going to talk about in tomorrow's session is Post Planner and that's a Facebook management tool and they are about to release an really really interesting feature where it actually trolls through the Internet and finds the most viral pictures and when you share these viral pictures you know on your wall you'll get an awful lot more engagement - so it's guaranteed more engagement on your Facebook page. Super feature.

Christine:
Now is that - that's a new feature that's coming out?

Ian: 
It's in beta at the moment so it's hot off the press.

Christine:
Now you're the first to get to know about all these so that's pretty exciting. Do you take advantage of that a little bit and use them with your own social media?

Ian:
Yeah absolutely that's what we try to ourselves and its works for us - does really well for us - then we'll tell everybody about it - we share everything though.

Christine:
Do you have a process of how you evaluate your tools?

Ian: 
Yeah the starting process is called "Diana" which is a girl that works with me. She did she does the initial evaluation - I pass them on to her she'll do evaluations to see Is this a good tool or not? Is there real business benefits to using the tool? and then I'll do a review and analysis - and hopefully we either start using it or we'll make it available to our audience to start using it as well to try to get some feedback on it.

Christine:
Can you tell us a little bit about your session tomorrow what you're talking about.

Ian:
Sure we're doing a whole range of tools and it's a very practical session but we look at tools to help people you know manage their social media efforts better drive more people to their site and then when you get them to your site how do you convert them at that stage as well so it's a very practical information session lots of fun as well so - I hope you're coming on Christine.

Christine:
I would love to. Yes, definitely. So we're here at Social Media Marketing World with Ian Cleary and tomorrow he is speaking tomorrow at 11:45 - are you gonna come to the hang out in real life today at 5:30?

Ian:
Well I'm due to have a drink. I'm networking at 5 o'clock so if I get out in time I'll definitely come to the hangout.

Christine:
Okay I will give you details. Thank you so much for making time today. Tell us what your website is and your call to action.

Ian:
RazorSocial.com and we do provide a free tools guide so you can go there and download a free tools guide which is very very useful.

Christine:
Awesome. Thank you very much.

Learn more about the 17 Tools to Optimize Your Social Media Performance that Ian Cleary presented at Social Media Marketing World 2014.

The +HOA Street Team conducted a series of live interviews from Social Media Marketing World 2014 #SMMW14 in San Diego, CA. Our team for this event #TeamSMMW14 included +Mia Voss +Christine DeGraff & +Ben Fisher "on the streets" and +Ronnie Bincer & +David Oldenburg remotely.

Follow us on Google Plus: +HOA Street Team
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/HOAStreetTeam

No comments:

Post a Comment